Friday, January 13, 2012

Love, Deception, Murder and Secrets




Who do you turn to when life gets stormy? For Choc, Cheryl, Val, Lavern, and Barb, the answer is, time and again, each other.
Love, Deception, Murder and Secrets follows these five women, bound together in childhood by terrifying and painful secrets, through their passions and problems: an illicit, interracial love affair, an abusive marriage, the stirrings of a new sexual identity, and tragedy. The bonds forged in their childhood are challenged again and again. Facing these onslaughts, can their sisterhood survive?

 My Review
 I loved the story plot of this book. It had me constantly picking it up to see what would happen next. The author did a wonderful job of keeping track of each character and the back story yet also had them come together into one. The title of the book caught my eye first and then I read the description and knew I wanted to read it.
The only thing I would change about to book is it is not divided into chapters and normally when I read I will read a chapter at a time as a place marker. I just felt like I was reading one long book and it tends to seem longer to me without chapters.
I would have to give this book 4 penguins

0 comments:

Post a Comment